Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Preacher (2005 Leaked Version)



I posted a tentative tracklist for "GSNT" on the side, and it will be updated and reshaped until the album is released.

So for now this post will occupy the song for "Preacher"

In 2005, DJ Neptune(? among countless others) released a early leaked version of a Just Blaze produced Saigon song called "Preacher" on his "The V.I.P. Lounge (Hosted by Jim Jones)" mixtape.




Here's what Saigon had to say about the leak in a HIPHOPGAME INTERVIEW From December '05

Q: How did the leak of "Preacher" affect your project

SAIGON: I thought "Preacher" was a real strong record I had because it was something I feel strongly about. The version of "Preacher" that got leaked was a real rough mix with me in the booth just reading off of the paper. When I heard that it got leaked, I was worried because there were so many stages of that record. When I heard which one they leaked, it was one of the worst takes because it was one of the first. I tried to shut it down as fast as possible.




.... Pain In My Life post up next...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2/16/2010

    I remember this. Sai was raw back then. I don't think the album has changed much from the original making of it. Just a few updated lyrics here and there. I really hope we can get the album this year. It would be nice.

    ReplyDelete